March 12, 2020
Dear Leyden High School Community:
Currently, there have been no confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases at Leyden High School District 212.
As a precautionary measure, with the number of cases across the state and region increasing and as a result of our communications with neighboring districts, Leyden High School is taking a proactive approach to help prevent the potential spread.
Starting tomorrow, March 13, the following are in effect through Spring Break until Monday, April 6:
- Large gatherings are canceled. This includes Parent-Teacher Conferences and Triton Evening Programs.
- Visitors are not allowed inside the building.
- Parents picking up a student from school will need to wait in the vestibule while security assists them.
- All local and domestic trips and events are canceled for students and staff.
- All field trips are canceled.
- All outside speakers are canceled.
- IEP and parent meetings will be conducted via phone or digitally.
- All use of facilities from outside organizations are canceled.
- All athletic practices and competitions are canceled.
- All club meetings and after school events are canceled.
We will evaluate whether or not these performances, competitions, and events can be rescheduled at a later time.
If we do have a confirmed case we will work with the Illinois Department of Health to determine next steps. As we receive new information, we will send it to you as soon as possible.
These are unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this situation together.
Leyden High School District 212