Leyden High School has been notified that they are a First Place Magna Award Winner for 2014.
Go to this link for the program at District 212 for which they are being recognized :
About the Magna Awards 2014 Program
A general announcement about the Magna Awards 2014 honorees was made March 5; writeups of this year’s honored programs were posted on the webpage on that date, and can be found in the “Resources” section. You do not need to be a subscriber to access these resources.
Every year the American School Board Journal Magna Awards highlight best practices of school district leadership. Nominations are accepted in the fall and winners are recognized at the Best Practices for School Leaders Luncheon at the NSBA Annual Conference. Sodexo has been a proud sponsor of the awards since 1995. This year’s Best Practices for School Leaders Luncheon will be held Saturday, April 5, 12:00-2:00 p.m., at the New Orleans Convention Center, during NSBA’s 74th Annual Conference. This year’s luncheon will feature a dynamic speaker – Sonia Nazario, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author, journalist, and author of Enrique’s Journey – who will speak about how one in four children in public schools across the United States are now immigrants or the child of an immigrant, and discuss the tremendous traumas many of these children face even before landing in American classrooms
- Developed or actively supported by the school board.
- The result of appropriate school board leadership.
- Successful in view of the program’s primary objectives.
- Important in promoting the district’s mission and advancing student learning.
- Capable of being replicated by other school boards with similar conditions and resources.
- The result of collaboration between the school board and others.