National Gourmet Coffee Day
Five Food Finds about Coffee
- Until the invention of vacuum packed coffee tins in 1900 by Hill Bros. Coffee, almost every city or large town in America had their own local coffee roasters.
- In East Africa and Yemen, coffee was used in native religious ceremonies that were in competition with the Christian Church. As a result, the Ethiopian Church banned its secular consumption until the reign of Emperor Menelik II of Ethiopia.
- Coffee berries, which contain the coffee seeds, are produced by several species of small evergreen bush of the genus Coffea. The two most commonly grown are also the most highly regarded Coffea arabica, and the “robusta” form of the hardier Coffea canephora.
- An important export commodity, coffee was the top agricultural export for twelve countries in 2004.
- Preparing coffee in a French press leaves more oils in the drink compared with coffee prepared with…
View original post 178 more words